Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Colorado Springs
Not only does Super Steam provide professional carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning services, we also provide professional dryer vent cleaning services in Colorado Springs as well. Most of us cannot imagine living without our home appliances. It is easy and convenient to be able to immediately dry your laundry in your dryer. However, you need to be aware of the risks involved if your dryer vent is not properly cleaned on a regular basis. Our professional dryer vent cleaning services can solve these potential risks.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency reports that over 15,000 household fires are caused in the United States each year by residential clothes dryers. The majority of these fires occur due to improper ventilation and lint fires. The average damage caused by a dryer fire is approximately $9,000.
If you are not sure when your last vent cleaning occurred, you can check your dryer’s performance. The following factors indicate that it is likely time for a professional dryer vent cleaning:
• A burning smell when the dryer is in use. Lint is flammable and if it’s left to build up within the exhaust, lint trap or drum casing it could catch fire.
• A longer drying time than normal. When air becomes trapped inside the dryer drum, it takes longer to dry your clothes.
• Your dryer feels hotter than normal. Without a place for the hot air to escape, everything overheats; the dryer as well as your clothes. This will reduce the life of the dryer as well as the life of your clothing.
• Extra lint on your clothing. With proper ventilation, lint should be coming off of your clothes as you dry them. Without it, your clothes gather more lint and become unpresentable.
• No lint in your lint trap. An empty lint trap coupled with lint on the clothing is one of the more tell-tale signs of improper ventilation.
• A moldy smell on your clothing. Excessive heat with nowhere to go paired with damp undried clothing leads to mold. Moldy clothes have a distinct, not easily remedied odor.
If your dryer exhibits one or more of these issues, and you need professional dryer vent cleaning services, contact Super Steam today to schedule your appointment.